Our mission is to promote and support diverse individuals and organizations by connecting networks, advancing work readiness, and creating career opportunities.
Since its inception in 2015, the CLA Foundation has granted more than $4 million to advance career opportunities in communities across the nation.
“We believe the CLA Foundation’s mission will kindle a spark of entrepreneurship, create jobs, generate growth, and lay the foundation for even greater opportunities throughout our communities and our country,” says CLA Foundation Board Chair Jan Kruchoski.
About the CLA Foundation
The CLA Foundation is unique as it does not accept grant proposals directly from outside organizations. All grant nominations originate with CLA team members — each year CLA team members are invited to nominate organizations they believe are making a difference in their community and match the foundation’s mission to promote and support diverse individuals and organizations by connecting networks, advancing work readiness, and creating career opportunities.
The CLA Foundation does that by granting in three categories:
- Education — a focus on education and youth development programs that prepare today’s students to thrive in tomorrow’s world
- Employment — a focus on career-building programs that connect individuals with life changing opportunities
- Entrepreneurship — programs that help the entrepreneurs and small business owners that support us and our communities
The CLA Foundation then reviews all team member grant nominations and invites organizations that best match our mission to submit a grant application.
Board of Directors
- Jan Kruchoski, Board Chair
- Michelle Peters, Treasurer
- Kira Sexton, Secretary
- Denny Schleper, Ex-Officio
- Nick Graff
- John Langan
- Michele Pratt
- Linda Saddlemire
- Cristina Wiebelt-Smith
Read about the people, initiatives, and activities from the CLA Foundation over the past year in the 2019 CLA Foundation Annual Report.