Would you like the site to remember you? Update preferences.
Employee Benefit Plans
Stay on top of your responsibilities as plan sponsor and in your fiduciary role while keeping the future retirement and health benefits of your employees safe. CLA understands the risks you face — we view compliance services as powerful tools to improve operations, reduce waste, and tighten controls.
What’s on your mind?
- Managing greater regulatory compliance responsibilities
- Increased scrutiny from the regulators
- Increasing cost of benefit plans
- Meeting the expectations of a workforce that counts on employer-sponsored benefit plans
- Selecting and monitoring the right service providers
- Facilitating an efficient and effective plan audit
A unique approach
CLA has been providing employee benefit plan audit, tax compliance, and consulting services for more than 60 years. CLA is a leading provider of employee benefit plan audits in the country.* Our 50 principals and 300 professionals audit more than 2,950 plans across the country, and provide compliance and consulting services for hundreds more.
Our services go beyond providing an audit of your plan's financial statements. We take a hard look at your plan and, based on our experience, communicate insights that will improve the administration of the plan. We are a member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms, and the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Services for employee benefit plans
Audit and tax
- ERISA and non-ERISA audits, including audits of plans with 11-K filings
- Single, multiple, and multiemployer [Taft-Hartley] plans
- Form 5500 preparation and review
- Form 990 preparation for voluntary employee benefit associations (VEBAs) and other benefit plan trusts
- Form 1094 and 1095 preparation for health and welfare plans
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting and compliance
- Employee and benefit plan consulting and compliance
- Employee stock ownership plan consulting, compliance, and reporting
- Pension plan startup tax credit consulting
- Qualified retirement plan design and administration
- Service provider assessment
- Tax-favored health plan consulting and compliance
- Training and education seminars
Our leaders are nationally acclaimed employee benefit plan resources and featured speakers at top industry conferences. They are frequently consulted by outside accounting firms and CPAs concerning benefit plan issues. Learn more.
Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
*According to 2017 data from the Department of Labor
- Anita Baker
- Beth Auterman
- Doug Bertossi
- Managing Principal of Service
- Michele Chalmers
- Kelly Davis
- Denise Falbo
- Ann Joda
- Stacy Meyer
- Darren Paumen
- John Stiglich
- Karen Colsch
- Kris Tveit